Saturday, October 24, 2020

Pageant Platform ~ Homelessness

 (¯`✻´¯)

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸ღ ♥*✻ღ♥
╭✿╯Pageant Platform: Homelessness

Place your hand over your heart…feel that heartbeat? That's called purpose. Our lives have purpose and meaning. We are alive for a purpose... to add meaning & to make a difference in the lives of others.

“Great leaders don’t set out to be leaders. They set out to make a difference;” to make an impact and to enhance the lives and livelihoods of others. It’s NEVER about the ROLE. It’s ALWAYS about the GOAL. We may not be able to fix the world’s problems, but we can certainly do what we can, where we can and with what we have (resources) to make a difference and to add value and quality of the lives of others.

Life is about making a DIFFERENCE, taking a STAND and taking ACTION! We don’t need to be rich, famous, notorious, strikingly beautiful, flawless, young or perfect in order to help others… we simply need to CARE, show COMPASSION and have EMPATHY.

In life, everyone has gone through a story that has changed them. Everyone is facing a battle that we know nothing about. Too often we under-estimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, act or gesture... all of which have the POTENTIAL & POWER to turn a life around. With these powerful thoughts in mind, I’d like to introduce you to my chosen platform, “Homelessness, poverty and the disadvantaged”, which I’m PASSIONATE about.” My name is Liesel Kippen. I’m a poetess and a school teacher. I’ve had the awesome opportunity to interact with students of all ages throughout my life. I have seen homelessness and poverty in many forms along life’s journey and have witnessed its detrimental impact on the lives of those affected by it. For this reason, my passionate stance for the above-mentioned platform has taken form, root and flight.

Through my journey to “Pageant hood” I have chosen to stand up and make a difference and to mentally wrap each person I meet with arms of compassion. My platform goal is dedicated to adding quality of life & making my actions count. The initial moment that my application was accepted to participate in the Australian International Pageant, I decided there and then that my life was either going to be a daring adventure…”Pageant hood” (a scary thought and definitely one that sent initial shivers up my spine and sleepless nights) or it was going to be the all-too-familiar, “mediocre humdrum life”. The decision to embark on this journey to “Pageant hood” inspired a firm decisiveness within me that “the thread of my life would not be insignificant; but would be a memorable one, intertwined with endeavours to make a difference around me” - one that would enable me to spread my reach wherever I could!

According to statistics and census figures, on any given night in Australia “more than 116 000 people are estimated to be homeless and many more are living in insecure housing, one step away from being homeless. Around 51 000 are living in severely crowded dwellings. The main causes of homelessness are poverty, unemployment, shortages of affordable housing, family breakdowns, mental illness, assault, financial difficulty, social isolation and more. Domestic violence is the single biggest cause of homelessness in Australia.”

My plan of action this year to address homelessness, has included a number of initiatives aimed at making a difference and adding value and quality of life to others, as well as, giving back to the community, which so generously, willingly, powerfully and selflessly gives to others daily, on so many different platforms and fronts. My endeavours include, and will continue to include, well after the Annual Pageant Coronation is over:

 Volunteer work – Collecting and distributing food packages to the disadvantaged.
 Volunteer work –English tutoring to adults from disadvantaged backgrounds after work.
 Fundraising initiatives to support homeless and disadvantaged individuals.
 Volunteer work – Soup kitchens, which focus on feeding the homeless over weekends.
 Volunteer work – op shops, where I provide my time, efforts and donations to their cause and their endeavours to provide support to the homeless.
 My support of organisations for the homeless & disadvantaged. (National Homeless Collective, Homeless of Melbourne, Vincent Care Ozanam House, Melbourne City Mission, Salvo Care Eastern Homelessness & Support Services, and others.)
 Charity appeals for the homeless and disadvantaged.
 Blogs/ editorials/ awareness campaigns on social media to highlight my initiative.
 Any other opportunities which present themselves along the way, where I can make a difference, and add richness, quality and value to life.

Lastly, “we can choose to let the world and its hardships affect us, or we can choose to positively affect the world.” My endeavour is for every heart or individual I touch, to have a 
profound and powerful ripple effect, where their lives are enriched and where they, in turn, can enrich others. We all can make a difference! There’s no greater reward than to make a fundamental difference in someone’s life. I ASPIRE to INSPIRE before I EXPIRE. ♥ 
   

❤ ☆‿ℒℴνℯ´⁀♡
★ ° :.  . • ○ ° ★  * .    .   °  . ● .    ° ☾ °☆  ¸. ● .  ★  ★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ .    ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ .  ★ ° :.  . • °    * :. . 
~♪~ ♪♫•* •○*´¯`• レ o √ 乇 •.¸¸. ♥★ ♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment